What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community supported agriculture (CSA) is a cooperative effort of food distribution, a way of linking small farmers with communities all over the country.
Stillman’s Farm sells two sizes of produce CSA boxes.
The Stillman’s daughter Kate Stillman owns “Stillman’s Quality Meat” (SQM). SQM offers various meat CSAs. Please refer to: http://stillmanqualitymeats.com/
The Stillman’s son Curtis owns, with his wife Halley, Still Life Farm. Still Life Farm offers a winter CSA and sells herbs, wreath and specialty fruit. Please refer to: http://stilllifefarm.com/
How does Stillman’s Farm CSA work?
You sign up for a subscription of 16 weeks of deliveries of your Stillman’s Farm CSA box.
Each week, for 16 weeks, we will hand pack a box of Stillman’s Farm produce for you. We will deliver your box to your chosen CSA pick up location in your community. Frequently, we will also offer choices amongst produce to augment your box.
Stillman’s offers a fabulous selection of fruits and vegetables, but there are no guarantees in farming.
Other benefits of our CSA program in 2016 include:
- $15 in Stillman’s Bucks to spend as you like on produce at any of our farmer’s markets. At Boston Public Market members will be added to our rewards program and given $15 in credit to use at BPM.
- One Stillman’s Farm reusable bag
- Invitations to Stillman’s Farm events
- Access to Stillman’s Farm to walk, browse, and even pick! Bring your kids out to picnic at the farm that grew their favorite fruits and vegetables.
- Gleaning! Members only get the call to harvest what we could not before the frost.
- Stillman’s Farm CSA Cancellation Policy: If a subscriber moves or has another major life event that changes his or her CSA produce needs for 2016, Stillman’s Farm would be happy to help by converting prorated CSA dollars into Stillman’s Farm Rewards to be used at Boston Public Market. We will no longer offer cash or credit card refunds.
- Stillman’s Farm CSA Change of Pick-up Location Policy: Stillman’s Farm will be happy to change a subscriber’s CSA pick-up location for a fee of $20 to cover back-office expenses.
- If you are unable to pick up your box, it will be donated to a local food pantry charity. There are no substitutions for dates or locations.