Member Sue sent this recipe from Bon Appétit and notes she included a couple of boiled new potatoes that I sliced and added to the basic recipe, along with some cooked, crumbled bacon. Thanks for posting on the blog Sue!
The longer the raw kale sits in its lemony vinaigrette, the more tender it will become. If you prefer a crisper salad, let it sit for an hour or two; for a softer texture, chill it for up to 1 day.
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/07/
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves cut lengthwise into 1/2″ strips (about 8 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
Combine oil, lemon juice, honey, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add kale and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let kale mixture sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours or cover and chill overnight, tossing occasionally. Add beans to kale and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with grated cheese.