Please check out this blog for lots of recipes. You can do a search by name; ie: cucumber, beet, salad, etc.,.
- 1 bunch beets (save greens for something else)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1tsp-1Tb honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Additional pepper, optional
Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. pieces. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Place spinach in salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with beets, goat cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle with additional pepper if desired.