Varieties we grow and love:
- Provider is our stand by green bean
- Carson or Rodcor- yellow bean
- Kentucky Wonder – a long green snap been the is flat, but not as broad as an Italian Broad Bean
- Roamano – a flat, wide green bean that is remarkable tender, in spite of its size
- Haricot Vert- very thin dark green beans
- Amethyst – a purple bean…enjoy raw, after 3 minutes of cooking they will turn dark green.
As always, fresh produce is most delicious and nutritious when consumed as close to the harvest date as possible.
Fresh beans are amazingly sweet and snappy. Super sweet and crisp when enjoyed close to harvest. Store in cold section of fridge, closely wrapped.
Beans freeze beautifully. check out /freezing
– can be enjoyed in:
- any raw application
Tips for preparing:
Snap off the stem end, don’t worry about the little blossom tip end. If you don’t want whole beans, consider lining up a handful and cutting to size all at once.
Also check out these great recipes: