Varieties we grow and love:
- Beauregard – red-orange skin and orange flesh
- Georgia Jet – purplish skin and orange flesh
- Centennials – coppery skin and light red flesh
- O’ Henry – white skin and cream flesh (golden yellow when cooked)
- Murasaki- Japanese variety, dark red skin, starchy cream colored flesh
- Bonita- white skin, golden flesh when cooked
As always, fresh produce is most delicious and nutritious when consumed as close to the harvest date as possible.
Store sweet potatoes in a well ventilated, cool area. Do not store in plastic or in the fridge.
– can be enjoyed in:
- steamed and mashed
Tips for preparing:
You can peel before cooking, but keep in water to prevent discoloration. Otherwise, scrub well and bake or microwave.
Also check out these great recipes: