Are you someone who works well under pressure? Loves retail and has management experience? Can provide great customer service? Has a passion for local agriculture and sustainable farming?? If this sounds like you, then please review the job opening below and apply!
Stillman’s Farm – Market Manager at Boston Public Market (BPM) -October 24, 2017
We are adding a new member to our management team as Market Manager at our stall at Boston Public Market. Stillman’s Farm operates greenhouses, farmers’ market and CSA drop off in Lunenburg Mass as well as maintaining the farm in New Braintree, Mass where all our produce is grown. In 2015 we expanded to include a retail stall space within the Boston Public Market. We take great pride in providing the freshest, most beautiful, locally grown fruits and vegetables, amazing plants and seasonal CSA program. It is our commitment to the land and all it offers that inspires us to grow the glorious bounty we share with our customers.
The Boston Public Market is an indoor, year-round marketplace for locally sourced groceries and specialty agricultural products. The market houses 40 local farmers, fishers, and food entrepreneurs. Everything sold at the market is produced or originates in New England. BPM is a dynamic civic space, educating the public about food sources, nutrition and preparation.
Responsible for overseeing retail operations for the produce market at Boston Public Market. Will be responsible for hiring, staffing, daily market setup and breakdown, inventory management, facilities management, training, customer service and sales management. Will need to maintain close contact with farm owner and administrative staff as well as work closely with the other Stillman’s Farm BPM management team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent Stillman’s Farm in a positive, professional and ethical manner in dealings with customers, staff, vendors and BPM management.
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, scheduling and managing retail staff. Emphasis on customer service, produce varieties, seasonality & availability, and sales.
- Responsible for daily set-up and breakdown of the stall including lifting boxes and/or baskets of produce from display to storage and back.
- Responsible for sorting inventory to maintain a full, high quality, fresh produce display at all times.
- Responsible for communication with farm owner/staff produce and inventory needs on a timely basis.
- Responsible for interacting with outside vendors regarding inventory displays, levels and re-orders.
- Responsible for maintaining a seasonal, visually appealing market display in the stall and on the display wall.
- Responsible for operating POS system and processing cash, check, credit and food stamp/HIP transactions.
- Responsible for cash security and communicating sales figures daily.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of the highest customer service in all staff.
- Responsible for working cohesively with other Stillman’s Farm stall managers with a spirit of cooperation, fairness and openness.
- Other tasks, projects and duties as designated by Farm owner/administration.
- At least 2 years of retail experience and 1 year of experience in management.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to bend and lift 25-50 lbs throughout the day
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to maintain mutually respectful relationship with customers, staff, other Stillman’s Farm stall managers, farm owner/admin staff, vendors and BPM management.
- Highly energetic, positive, flexible, professional and an excellent team player.
- Knowledge of produce, CSA, local agriculture a plus. Willingness to learn about conscientiously grown produce and sustainability a must.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com